Many owners have to endure the whimpering and stares from their pets during family mealtime. It’s tempting to drop them a piece, but most human foods are not suitable for their digestive tracts. Check out this tasty treat recipe that will satisfy your furry friend’s cravings.
- 1 cup of plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (make sure it does not contain xylitol, an artificial sweetener)
- ice cube tray
- Put the yogurt and peanut butter together in a bowl and add some water if needed to loosen the mixture.
- Slice your apple into small chunks and remove seeds.
- Fill ice cube trays and place your apple chunk on top of each slot.
- Pop them in the freezer and serve when frozen.
This treat will not only keep your dog occupied but also keep them healthy. The combination of apple and peanut butter is an excellent source of vitamins, protein, and healthy fats. Tag us @jeffersonvets on Instagram and let us know how the recipe turned out!
If you live in the Louisville, KY area and have any further questions or concerns, you can reach us 24/7 at our Outer Loop location (502-966-4104) or Mon-Sat at our Fern Creek Location (502-499-6535).