Easter is a great time to make Easter-shaped cookies. Why not get your cat in the Easter spirit with this tasty tuna and cat-nip recipe!
The original recipe on: www.pureformpethealth.com/blogs/pureform-kitchen/safe-pet-friendly-easter-treats
- 1 can tuna in low sodium water, drained
- 1 cup coconut flour (or substitute with whole wheat flour or oat flour)
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons water, add more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain tuna and combine with egg, coconut flour, water, olive oil, and catnip.
- Blend in a food processor or with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Pinch pieces of the dough and place them on a baking sheet. To make Easter-themed use egg, carrot, or bunny-shaped cookie cutters to make cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool completely before serving your cat.
Watch your cat enjoy these yummy treats this Easter holiday!
Make sure to refrigerate leftovers in an airtight Tupperware for up to 3-4 days.