Today is National Puppy Day! Here are a few tips, items, and ideas to help new dog owners with their puppy.
- Establish a vet you want your puppy to go to for the rest of their life. This is important to make sure he/she is getting the proper care and it is affordable for you.
- Limit your puppy’s access. This will prevent your puppy from getting into things. As well as being overwhelmed with many new places.
- Minimize stress and excitement.
- Choose a potty spot. This will help your puppy know this is the designated spot to eliminate at.
- Set up your schedule. A puppy requires a lot of dedication and attention. Establish a routine and schedule.
- Train your dog right away.
- Puppy proof your home.
- Puppy pads
- Food and water bowls
- Puppy chew toys
- Leash and collar
- Small bed
- Tearless shampoo
- Dog tag